Ashleigh Cox continued his sparkling form this summer with eight wickets for Saffron Walden.

That guided them to a 108-run victory over Mildenhall in the East Anglian Premier League, leaving them sixth in the standings.

Cox's moment had to wait though as Walden were asked to bat first and while most made starts, only Harry Gallian (51) pushed on at the top of the order.

A late flourish from six-hitting Aussie Brynn Mendel (47) and Ali Hancock (20*) though meant that Mildenhall would have to chase 261.

Cox then took over, finding his first wicket with the first ball of the innings, and he never let up.

Only a 113 run fifth-wicket partnership between Joe Tetley (61) and Tristan Blackledge (54) caused a delay in the wickets, but once the belligerent two were dispatched, Cox carried on to record 8-39.

Skipper Josh Down said: "I said to the group last week that we have some tough games coming up and we will be fighting for every run, wicket and bonus point.

"I am really proud of this performance. We worked really hard getting 250-plus batting first, which was a competitive score.

"Then in the second innings, momentum swung one way and then the other.

"But ultimately, the difference was Ash Cox who continues his outstanding form.

"I believe Tim Smith holds the club record of nine in an innings and knowing Ash he would have wanted all 10."

Cox struck again on Sunday too, with 6-26 for Cambridgeshire against Northumberland.

The seconds had another strong win over Castor, thanks in the main to a 103 run second-wicket partnership between Alex Pierson (89) and Jack Sneath (95*).

They set the visitors 287 to win and never got close, falling short by 102 runs.

The thirds also won, beating top of the table Wilburton by one wicket.

Bowling first, SWCC kept the hosts down to 217-6 in their 45 overs, Dylan Bose (2-35) finding the most success.

But it was the Walden tail who brought the win back to the club as Xander Silverwood (12), Matthew Rowlandson (53*), Ben Wiseman (24) and Louis Buck (15) scored at a run a ball to take the victory from Wilburton, crossing the line with 10 balls remaining.